Thursday, April 10, 2014

#30DaysofScootering: Scootering to Sycamore


Another beautiful day in Issaquah and I got out for a quick scooter trip this afternoon. Spring is pretty spectacular around here.


The Sycamore neighborhood is tucked up against the northeast base of Squak Mountain.


We're very protective of the salmon in this part of the world.


I'm still amazed every day at how beautiful this part of the country is.


Lots of geese around here.


After looping around the Sycamore neighborhood, I scoot back towards home. I walk my scooter through the grounds of the salmon hatchery. The solar panel is cranking out some Watts today.


Salmon are a vital part of this town. In the fall the creek fills with returning fish and there is a huge festival.


This mural is one of several depicting the history of Issaquah.


Almost home.

And now I'm home.

Just a short trip today, but it's good to get out. 3.72 miles on the scooter today, bringing the April total to 119.93 miles.

No comments: