Monday, April 21, 2014

#30Daysofscootering: An Evening Scoot


I did my usual scootering back and forth to work and lunch today but that didn't seem like enough to be especially blog-worthy so a bit after 7:00 PM I scootered back out into the fading light. It's kind of hard to tell in these pictures because my camera does a darn good job in low light but all these shots were taken in early evening. By the way, I can't say enough good things about my camera, an Olympus TG-2. It's tough, water-proof and I basically just point it and it takes good pictures. Pretty much every picture on this blog for the past 9 months has come out of this little camera.



In low light conditions, I turn on my scooter lights. My tail light is a Bontrager Ember USB.


The headlight is a Planet Bike Blaze 2 Watt Micro which has been plenty reliable over the past year. I run rechargeable batteries in the Blaze but I may eventually replace it with a USB rechargeable light like the Cygolite Metro 360. LED lights are following the same development curve as computer processors, something better and/or cheaper comes out every 18 months or so.


The tail light is strapped to a chunk of cork in the "tailpipe" of my scooter.


I occasionally hang a little bag from those loops of nylon cord on my handlebars.


The scooter tail light is bright, but low to the ground. I also have a Planet Bike Blinky on the back of my helmet. While all my lights can run in blink mode, I usually run them in constant light mode.


Even though a very light rain was falling, it was a really nice evening for scootering.





Yet another bit of Issaquah's public art. This is in front of the Senior Center. This picture does show off the beams from my scooter lights.


Another in my continuing series of pictures of my scooter leaning against art!

1.08 miles of scooter commuting today plus a 2,69 mile evening scoot. So my day total is 3.77 miles and my April total is now 162.8 miles.

No comments: