Sunday, April 21, 2013

#30DaysofScootering: A Friendly Duck and Noisy Geese


Four miles of scootering this morning.


I scooter over to the Maple Street pond to see what birds are out and about. Most days I see ducks in pairs, but this guy is solo this morning.


He seems kind of curious about me so I get close enough to get some decent pictures.



Over on 12th Avenue, these two geese are making a lot of noise. At first I think that they are somehow upset about the flapping checkered flags.


But then they fly over to the old 12th Avenue Cafe building and I form a new theory.




I think that maybe they are impatient for the new Top Pot Doughnuts location to open. Maybe I'm just projecting my own feelings on to them.

Keep 'em rolling,

Kent "Mountain Turtle" Peterson
Issaquah, WA USA

1 comment:

Julian said...

Kent,

My brother, who lives in Japan, just sent me a photo of a scooter-bike hybrid, which would be right up your alley! Unfortunately, he thinks it is only available in Japan. Here's a photo: http://flic.kr/p/eddHW2

Happy scooting, Julian.