Monday, April 16, 2012

#30DaysofBiking: Nocturnal


It was a dark and stormy night. Not really, it's actually morning, very early morning but it's dark and dank and drizzly. After a weekend of lovely weather, the rain has returned to Issaquah. The letter theme in the Blogging from A to Z Challenge today is "N", so I chose to be Nocturnal and join my wife on her early morning commute. She starts work at 5:00 AM, and her early commute is in the dark for most of the year. At this very early hour there is practically no traffic and the town is very quiet. Sometimes, she will cross paths with raccoons who are finishing up their night foraging.




I swing by the post office on my way home to drop off the taxes ("good thing you didn't leave that 'til the last minute," my son commented last night. "No point paying the man any sooner than I have to," I replied. It's a holiday in D.C. today, so I'm actually a day ahead.)

It's a full day of work at the shop and it looks like day will continue to be damp. So three miles for the day. Three nocturnal miles in the #30DaysofBiking.

Keep 'em rolling,

Kent "Mountain Turtle" Peterson
Issaquah WA USA

1 comment:

Francene Stanley said...

It's raining here in London too after many days of sunshine. Glad it didn't dampen your enthusiasm. Blog on!

http://francene-wordstitcher.blogspot.com