Monday, April 11, 2011

#30DaysofBiking: Subwilderness


I live in Issaquah, a little town east of Seattle. The town is in a valley with low mountains on three sides and a lake to the north. Most everybody calls it suburban and I suppose if you just look at freeways and parking lots, big stores here that are just like big stores somewhere else, it looks suburban.

But there are still places we've managed not to pave. We say we're saving it for the salmon, who still swim up the creek each year.

I don't think of my home as suburban, I think of it as subwilderness. And I think the salmon are the ones who are saving us.

Keep 'em rolling,

Kent "Mountain Turtle" Peterson
Issaquah WA USA

3 comments:

mimi torchia boothby watercolors said...

subwilderness, I like that. I'm enjoying your 30 day challenge.

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome way to think about it.

It's nice to see the green Octocog back out again too.

Eric said...

Are you going to come up to skagit for the Tulip Pedal??