Friday, June 25, 2010

So sorry about Dave

I learned last night that Dave died from injuries sustained in the collision the other day. Though I only knew him thru the internet and this race, I know he was a loving, adventurous and generous man. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and loved ones.

The world is a poorer place because of Dave's tragic death. Death always comes too soon, except for those whose lives are overcome with boredom or suffering. But the world is a richer place because of Dave's life. He chose a life of adventure and wonder and we, too briefly, got to share in that adventurous life. Thank you, Dave, for your life and your wonder. You will be very missed.

Kent "Mountain Turtle" Peterson
In the Great Divide Basin where amazingly my Peek has a signal, but my phone does not.

1 comment:

Small Adventures said...

This is a sad day. Our thoughts and prayers also go out to Dave's family.

Steve