Friday, May 28, 2010

North Bend Cares: TOUR DIVIDE - KIDNEY FOR LACEY

First off, huge thanks to Team Turtle for all the support. My bike and equipment is all dialed in (I'm planning a big equipment post before I leave), I'm where I want to be in terms of fitness, and I've got enough money in place to do all I need to do on the Tour Divide. I've got a few more days of work at the shop, a couple of more days spending as much time as I can with Christine and then I'll roll out.

One nice thing about having a bit of a financial cushion for this trip is that I have a bit of extra money to give to a good cause. Fellow Divide racer Mike Prochaska is supporting such a cause, putting his dollars and his miles on the line to help Lacey get a kidney transplant. I tossed a few bucks his way, but more than money, I can send some attention to the cause.

So thanks again for all the support you folks have given me and I hope you'll take the time to click the link below and see what Mike is doing to help Lacey.

North Bend Cares: TOUR DIVIDE - KIDNEY FOR LACEY

Thanks,

Keep 'em rolling,

Kent "Mountain Turtle" Peterson
Issaquah WA USA

3 comments:

Mimi Torchia Boothby Watercolors said...

I just nominated your blog for the Sunshine award (Boy, don't we need some of that) go to my blog for details! Keep doing what you do. Thanks!

David said...

Hi Kent: Best of luck on the Tour Divide. I'll eagerly follow your progress as you go. And thanks for spreading the word about Lacey. Since your OK for cash and as a one-kidneyed person myself I feel a connection to the cause I've donated to the kidney fund. Best of luck again,

David

Gordon said...

Kent - for when you get back to the fat air of Puget Sound, you will have earned some fabulous pie at the annual Bike for Pie on Bainbridge Island. All your friends are invited too. Watch for the registration form on the squeakywheels web site in early July. The pie ride is August 15.
Good luck on the Great Divide. Picture pie at the finish line. Actually, picture multiple pies at the finish line.
Cheers, Gordon