Saturday, July 28, 2007

Wander Around Washington: I'm Home

I rolled home to my doorstep at 9:40 AM this morning. I'll be posting a lot more about my Wander Around Washington trip over the course of the next few days but right now I'm going to try to spend a little time not thinking about bikes and bike issues.

The hardest part of this trip hasn't been the riding or all the great conversations and meeting all the great people along the way. The hardest thing has been realizing how much I've missed. If I didn't make it to your town or I didn't get a chance to connect with you when I was in your part of the world, I'm really sorry. But there are only so many hours in a day and I feel like I'm just begining to learn about some of the great cycling and the great cycling people here in this part of the world. This trip is not a one-time thing and now that I'm home, it's not the end. It's really just another pedal stroke on a long journey.

For now, I'm going to rest a bit and spend time with my family. I've got hundreds of pictures to go through, loads of notes to transcribe, people to thank and plans to put into action. As I've written so often lately, more later.

It's a sweet world out there folks. Keep 'em rolling.

Kent

(A quick PS for you numbers people out there. 1341 miles in 15 days. I lost track of how much ice cream, coffee and peanut M&Ms went into fueling this journey!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kent,

You're an inspiration ... I wish I could make the time to ride half as much as you're able to ... keep up the great riding and equally great writing.

Chris / Novi, MI

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Great writing and riding. And, yes, definitely inspirational!

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it home on schedule. Rest up, go play in a fountain, take it easy -- you've more than earned it. Cheers! --Beth